Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tlu Week 3

So it was my third week here at Tlu not to mention college in general and it's going pretty good so far.  Classes are going well and college is definitely not as scary as what people made it out to be.  I am rather enjoying going to a school like this where teachers actually do help to an extent instead of just letting you be a head in the crowd.  It seems like just about all my time is being taken up between golf and studies.  I have homework every night just about and I study even more than that.  The hour and a half every day of commuting back and forth is really killing me so for all you people living on campus just know you got it good.  Our first golf tournament is tomorrow and although I didn't make the first team I at least made the second so I am happy about that.  The only downfall is that tomorrow is going to be such a long day.  I have to walk 36 holes of golf which equals anywhere from 8-10 hours.  It's going to be hot to, I kind of wish it was just winter already.  Following tuesday I have got to walk another 18 holes.  All this is completely different from my high school where most of the time it was walk 18 holes and you're done.  Another downfall is that I'm missing school and although in high school this was an awesome feat, now I actually wanna be in class. I know I can not afford to miss lectures as this could really hurt me.  I need to figure out a way to stay up with my classes even when I'm not there.  I can already tell this will be a difficult year but I know I'll find a way to push through it.  Being in college and also playing golf means so much to me and my family and I am just so thankful to be here.  Also thank you professor Barry for letting making us do these blog posts.  It doesn't just act like a journal and give me something to write about every day or at least once a week, it also helps me think about what I have to do for classes in terms of homework and studies when I'm trying to scratch out every last sentence to think about.  It's going to be a great year here at TLU and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment