Monday, November 14, 2011

Last blog I believe?

Wow already the last blog? It went pretty fast, Iw ould say.  If you think about it, the blog was like the rest of the college semester, it went by a lot faster than I expected. I assumed it would drag on day after day waiting for that last minute of class, so I could just be done with the day.  I was completely wrong.  Here I am sitting here writing my final blog for my FREX class in the final month of the first semester of college.  After that first week things really started to get moving and it seemed like just yesterday I was dreading going to orientation and now already the first semester is done.  I guess that is also what I will be saying when I graduate here in 2014 and I move on to Texas A&M.  I will probably be saying "wow it seemed like just yesterday I was dreading orientation and now here we are graduating".   I will also use phrases like wow ain't it funny how time just passes you by when you don't think about it.  I will say that there are positive things I can take away from this first semester here at TLU.  I got a taste of college life and I know that I really have to take things seriously.  Studying all the time should not be a phrase taken lightly as I did in the past.  I now know it takes many hours of study and at best hopefully they are spread out overtime instead of just crammed in the night before.  Because I have the urge to do well in college I am really trying to absorb the information I am learning to the best of my ability and I already feel like I have learned more than in the four years that I attended high school.  I know that college really is a place of higher education and not just another stepping stone in my life of school.  It's far more difficult and complex than I thought it would be in the beginning and all I can say is that I'm trully glad it is for if it wasn't well then I wouldn't have the urge to actually try and make good grades.  I would just try and pass by just like I did in high school when I quickly forgot how to actually care about school after my freshmen year.  Hopefully I do not get that same symptom here in college for I really and trully want to succeed.  I know it'll make my parents happy and it will be a great accomplishment for me in general.  I really want to get the rest of my life to start off with a bang and I think that all depends on how I do now and in my future years as a student of higher education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment