Thursday, October 20, 2011

Golf and Engineering

So last night I was told that I have a golf tournament this Monday and Tuesday.  This couldn’t be a worse time.  Next week is test week for me and our review days just happen to be Monday and Wednesday. BLAH! Also this means I have to do all my homework this weekend that I would be receiving on Monday and Tuesday which completely overloads everything.  I really wasn’t expecting to play this tournament, had no plans whatsoever, and then it was just dropped on me.  I guess the good news is that it’s a course I’ve played a few times before and I’m a little excited about playing.  I’m just happy I’m getting chances to play as a freshman so it’s kind of an achievement for me.  But the other reason it’s a terrible time for this is I just restocked  my golf bag with all new clubs and I am nowhere near as comfortable with them yet as I would like to be.  I guess this tournament is actually a good thing for the future that way I have some experience for next semester when how we do really matters.  This past week because of Dr. Rochin I have been studying a few engineering journals and magazines when I have time and I am just amazed.  The abundance of information about what I should be doing is amazing.  I think because he came to talk to us it made really want to try and broaden my knowledge on the career I want to pursue after college.  Plus I believe this will help me to get internships over the summer as maybe I will have a leg up on the people that don’t look at the items I am looking at.  Maybe looking these things up will give me ideas to discuss with whichever company I work for.  I am definitely going to continue to look items up because so far it has really helped me out to open up my eyes to the subject.  I mean I honestly only know I want to be an engineer.  Now whether that’s mechanical, electrical, civil, aerospace, or any others I have not yet committed myself .  I think the sooner I can commit the sooner I can really learn what I need to be learning here in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment